Recently, I am using MS Outlook and it works really great without any interpretation. Suddenly, however, one day my Exchange server got crashed and my OST files were left but, in the inaccessible state. At present, I am unable to open .ost file either with Outlook or with any other email client. I think these files may be orphaned due to a severe crash. To overcome this situation, I start searching for a solution on the internet to get accurate results.
After a deep research, I found a manual solution to convert orphaned OST file to PST. Now, in the upcoming section, we will introduce a manual technique to export OST file to PST. Before going through the measures, first we have to learn all possible reasons due to which OST file gets separated from its primary server. So, let’s start!
Some Possible Reasons For Orphaned OST Files
There can be several reasons that Orphaned OST files from its server. Some of them are shown below:
- If there is an issue with the controller card used with Exchange Server may result in data corruption. This situation restricts a user to access OST file that leads to inaccessibility.
- There would be some viruses or malware attacks due to which Outlook offline mailbox got corrupted or damaged.
- It happens due to human generated error like database deletion, improper management of operating system and incorrect partitioning of storage components. All of this might lead to database unavailability.
Manual Approach to Convert Orphaned OST File to PST
After understanding all the above reasons, its time to export data from orphan OST file to PST format. Here, I am going to discuss the manual method via Export Feature to perform the same.
- Firstly, open MS Outlook on your local machine
- After that, click Open & Export and select Import/ Export option
- In the Import and Export wizard, choose Export to a file option and press Next
- Then, choose Outlook Data File (.pst) option and click Next button
- Now, you have to choose the desired folder that you need to convert. Make sure that you can check Include sub-folders option as per your choice
- At last, you need to Browse the location where you wish to save the exported file. Then, click Finish button
Challenges Faced While Implementing Manual Method to Convert OST to PST
In case, after using above manual steps if you are unable to convert orphaned OST file to PST, then you can opt for a reliable solution. Along with this, all its drawbacks are mentioned below:
- This method is applicable if you are connected with Exchange Server environment.
- It is a very time-consuming procedure and it takes so much time.
- The users cannot perform manual process without installation of MS Outlook.
While performing this manual approach, I have faced many problems that I have discussed above. I was quite depressed at that time. But, when I tried to find a feasible and instant solution to convert orphaned & damaged OST to PST file. Then, I came across autometed converter tool for OST to PST.
Using OST to PST Converter Tool, one can easily export OST files to PST without Exchange Server dependency. Moreover, the software is capable enough to export inaccessible .ost files to .pst format. The best part of this tool was that it can hold internal folder structure of selected OST files while converting them into PST file format. The interface of this utility was simple and easy-to-use. Also, we can create a single or multiple PST files while moving data from offline to Outlook PST.”
Many people who want to convert Outlook offline data file (.ost) to PST file. Even though, they are unable to get a reliable and trustworthy solution to migrate data. After considering all the drawbacks of the manual approach, I would like to recommend a professional approach that will help to convert orphaned OST file to PST file. Thereby, for exporting Offline files to Outlook PST, one can opt autometed Converter tool to accomplish the process in a seamless way.