Barcode scanners are handy devices that will speed up the checkout and inventory process. They simplify the recording of stocks and keeping track of sales, too. These days, you can do away with bulky, static scanners and consider compact and innovative Bluetooth barcode scanners. However, there are certain things you must consider before you purchase a Bluetooth or wired barcode scanner for your business. By looking into these factors, you should be able to make an informed decision on which product is best for your needs:
• Wired or wireless? – The standard 2D barcode scanner is wired, but there are now wireless versions for portability, as long as you are within the connection’s range. Consider a wired scanner if you do not need to bring it with you. It can be practical if you need it for a checkout counter. However, if you will be keeping track of inventory or you need to scan oversized or larger, heavier goods, consider a wireless scanner that you can easily bring with you. Wireless barcode scanners are also practical if you want to minimize wire clutter on your counter space.
• Plug and play – Consider a barcode scanner with plug-and-play hardware, so you can easily connect it to your computer via the USB hub and start scanning on the fly.
• Speed and reliability – Look for a fast, high-precision scanner with a low-bit error rate. If you are using a wireless barcode scanner, make sure it has a reliable battery that will not require recharging for at least 30 days under a 2.4 GHz connection.
• Durability – Choose a Bluetooth barcode scanner that is made with integrated pressure and shock-resistant materials to protect it against damage caused by excessive weight and falls.
• Ergonomics – Make sure that the barcode scanner is ergonomically designed for optimal grip. This will ensure a comfortable way to use the device, especially when it needs to be repeatedly used for extended periods of time.
• Additional features – Consider your other code scanning needs before you decide on a Bluetooth or wired 2D barcode scanner. Some products come with a read screen and a QR code scanner. With all-in-one features, you can save on counter space and money, as you only need to rely on a single device to perform critical scanning tasks.
About the author:
Inateck is a leading electronics company dedicated in the field of various high-quality niche electronic related products. With 6-year experience, they are particularly professional for cutting-edge barcode scanners, hard drive accessories like PCI-E card, HDD enclosures & docking station, laptop sleeves and more.