The Maharashtra Housing lottery scheme or MHADA housing scheme of 2019 has emerged as a popular housing initiative that aims at providing affordable housing facility to the people of Maharashtra. The Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) who are responsible for the development and construction of housing property in Maharashtra has promised to offer over 1300, low-priced houses via lottery. So far 217 allotted individuals have been declared by the concerned authorities.
Eligibility for MHADA lottery housing scheme
In order to be identified as beneficiaries under the MHADA scheme, a below-mentioned set of eligibility criteria has been specified by the concerned authority-
- The applicant should be above the age of 18 years (applications on behalf of children would not be considered.)
- A domicile certificate that serves as proof that the applicant is a resident of Maharashtra.
- The applicant should possess a PAN card.
- The applicant must be a salaried-employee.
Areas like Antop Hill, Gavanpada Mulund, Chembur, Powai, Pratiksha Nagar, Siddharth Nagar and Mankhurd are among the many areas where Maharashtra lottery Housing scheme has been actively developing the property. Such localities have always been popular locales to buy property in Mumbai. The MHADA scheme and its easy processing have made such dreams a possibility for the locals.
Applicants can also apply for a housing property in such popular areas on the basis of their monthly income. The following pointers highlight the eligibility to avail the same.
- An applicant with a monthly income ranging between Rs. 25,001- Rs. 50,000 is deemed eligible to apply for LIG flats.
- An applicant with a monthly income ranging between Rs. 50,001-Rs. 75,000 is considered eligible to apply for MIG flats.
- An applicant with a monthly income of Rs. 75,000 per month is eligible to buy HIG flats.
Required documents for MHADA lottery housing scheme
Besides fulfilling the criteria mentioned above, an applicant must also furnish the following documents to participate in the Maharashtra lottery housing scheme –
- Aadhaar card.
- Voter ID card.
- PAN card.
- Domicile certificate.
- Birth certificate.
- Driving license.
- School leaving certificate.
Applicants should make sure that all the documents they have provided are valid and up to date to minimise the risk of any factual errors.
In the case of an applicant is not able to meet the eligibility criteria for the housing scheme under RERA Maharashtra; they can always opt for a home loan. Anybody can avail a home loan from a trusted lending institution at a competitive rate of interest and fulfil their dream of building their own dream house.
Such NBFCs also provide pre-approved offers that make availing loans seem easy and time-saving. Pre-approved offers are available on several financial products, including unsecured credits like a personal loan and business loan and secured advances like home loans. Check your pre-approved offer by just providing some essential details like name and contact number.
How to apply for Maharashtra lottery housing scheme?
The process of applying for Maharashtra lottery housing scheme is swift and hassle-free. An intending applicant can apply for a housing scheme under this scheme in just three simple steps-
- An applicant is required to register on the official website of the said scheme. Applicants need to create a unique username and fill out basic details to complete the registration procedure successfully.
- Once they have created their profile on the online portal successfully, they can select the MHADA lottery under the said scheme.
- On selecting the scheme, the applicant needs to make an online transaction.
After completing these three steps, the applicant will have successfully applied for the scheme and must wait for the declaration of MHADA lottery result.
This endeavour on the part of the State Government has made housing affordable for the middle class and offered them a permanent roof over their head. Concerned authorities have extended apartments to the economically weaker section (EWS), middle-income group (MIG), lower-income group (LIG) and higher income group (HIG) ranging between Rs. 14.6 Lakh to Rs. 5.8 Crore.
The 63, 126, 201 and 194 housing properties would be distributed under the EWS, LIG, MIG and HIG category respectively. Stay updated with the PMAY eligibility criteria to apply for a home loan under it with ease.