Bifold doors are sliding doors made from a series of panels that fold up against the wall. Such doors allow full access to the other side since they open in one motion and do not obstruct the path if open. These doors are very sturdy and flexible, thus can be installed at any place kitchen, outdoors (patio), a separator in a room, etc.
There are many benefits of using the aluminium bifold windows & doors in Melbourne, Sydney. One of the main benefits being it allows a good view and a high percentage of the light to enter the room. This article lists the benefits of aluminium bi-fold windows.
Benefits of Aluminium Bifold Doors
There are many benefits of opting for double glazed windows in Melbourne or Sydney as well as Aluminium bifold window doors.
- Bifold doors slide and fold back hence they tend to take up very less space.
- This is the optimal type of door if there is a large gap to fill.
- It is made from glass and easily opens up full hence it allows almost 100% of the light to come in.
- If looking for a door to access the garden, there is no better door than this one since it fully opens up and does not obstruct any view.
- This type of door does not require a lot of maintenance since it is made from aluminium and glass. Glass is easy to wipe and aluminium is also easy to clean.
- The aluminium bifold windows are very aesthetic and offer a modern look & feel. There is also the choice of colour to help one blend it with their building material or furniture to make it more appealing.
- Aluminium is very strong compared to other material like PVC, timber etc; hence it makes the entire door stronger and more durable.
- It has a very slim frame hence it does not occupy a lot of space and offers more flexibility in terms of installation.
- The fact that aluminium does not discolour, rust or peel off unlike timer or PVC makes it very low on maintenance as far as repainting is concerned. It can be in any colour of your choice, for example, a natural wooden appearance to give it a timber effect and ensure it blends with the other furniture.
- It is environmentally friendly since aluminium can be recycled and does not degrade.
- There are more design options that can take advantage of the fact that it is strong and has a slim frame.
- It is highly secure since it has an advanced locking system, one that spreads over multiple points the sliding track, unlike other doors which usually have only one a single locking point.
- Although these doors make use of glass, there is always the option of selecting shatterproof glass and also provides thermally efficient.
- Highly quick and easy to install. For those who are DIY experts, it may be something they can accomplish themselves however, it is not recommended that others try to install.
- The PVC bifold doors are more economical as compared to the aluminium ones however; there are other factors one should consider. Unlike Aluminium, PVC is less eco-friendly since it is a petroleum-based product besides which, aluminium also displays greater resistance to fire while PVC will have highly toxic fumes when it burns and be very damaging to the people inside.
- Aluminium bifold doors also have an edge over timber bifold doors. Timber doors are less durable and require more maintenance like frequent re-painting.
- There are several options when it comes to the style of the door like it available in several settings like two-panel setting, four panels, as well as six panels setting solution. It is also simpler to install a fly screen on this door.