Among daily commute, household chores, work, stress and walk on a tightrope – there’s hardly any time left to pamper ourselves. The art of living and science is inspired by nature’s essence – Ayurveda. Ayurveda is not only about herbal remedies, but also a way of life and the art of living. It’s about embracing a healthy lifestyle and habits which turn you into the most refined version of yourself.
Considered as the sister science of yoga – Ayurveda was developed by brilliant sages of India – wisdom which allows us to live life with complete potential. The two crucial principles of Ayurveda are mind and body which are connected and the mind can transform and heal our body. You can also learn this incredible science by joining Ayurveda training in India. Ayurveda courses in India are quite popular for serving authentic knowledge of this ancient science as it was born in Kerala. You can also go for cooking courses in India for more health benefits.
As we know, Ayurveda is an art of living that teaches us to follow a balanced lifestyle. The well-balanced lifestyle shines out from our hair, skin, mood, and nails. You must be wondering what Ayurveda is and how one can practice it. Some of the aspects of healthy skin are:
- Meditation for balancing our mind and body
- Know about your body type
- Take fresh and nutritional diet
- Get enough sleep and allow your body to repair
- Connect with your body, live in present, and make wise choices
- Oil massages with herbal oils to relax your tissues and muscles
- Yoga practice
- Avoid mixing incompatible food as instance fruit with milk, cold drinks after the meal, meat, and milk, honey, and ghee.
- Add seeds and nuts in your daily diet as instance sunflower seeds, pistachios, almonds, and flax seeds
- Avoid too much skin exposure
- Cut down sugar and salt intake
Apart from a balanced lifestyle, you can use some ayurvedic ingredients and tips for glowing skin. Here is the list of some simple and useful methods with natural ingredients for a healthy skin.
Orange for fair complexion
Orange peel contains vitamin C and antioxidants, which keep our skin bright and clear. It minimizes the acne outbreak and helpful for oily skin.
Things you need:
- 1 tbsp orange peel powder
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- Mix the powder with yogurt
- Apply on your face and neck with the help of the brush
- Keep it for 20 minutes
- Wash off with water
Sandalwood and Turmeric for acne
Turmeric and sandalwood both hold antibacterial properties. It helps in clearing the skin, kills acne-causing bacteria, prevents inflammation, and tightens the pores.
Things you need:
- 1 tbs sandalwood powder
- 1 ½ tbs turmeric
- 2 -3 tbs honey
- Mix all the ingredients in a glass bowl
- Apply on your face and let it dry
- Wash it off with cold water
Fenugreek to prevent wrinkles
Fenugreek leaves have essential minerals and vitamins for treating skin issues effectively including wrinkles.
The thing you need:
A handful of fresh fenugreek leaves or seeds
- Grind leaves into a fine paste
- Apply a thin layer on your face
- If you’re using seeds than boil them into the water first and then apply with a cotton
- Let it dry for 30 minutes to one hour
- Wash face with lukewarm water
Raw potato for treating pigmentation
Potato contains starch and mild bleaching properties helpful for dark spots, scars, and pigmentation naturally. It also prevents premature aging.
Things you need:
- 1 potato
- Cotton ball
- Grate potatoes and extract the juice
- Apply potato juice with a cotton ball on the affected area
- Leave it overnight
- Wash off the next day