Netgear genie app makes it easier to configure a Netgear wireless extender. In addition to that, it can be effectively configured to manage Netgear home or office extenders as well as routers. The genie app offers a simple dashboard to check, oversee and investigate WiFi systems. Here, we will let you know how to configure a Netgear extender utilizing the genie application. All set? Let’s get things started.
With awesome look-and-feel and ease-of-use, it’s fun to manage your Netgear extender through the genie mobile and desktop app. The Netgear app includes a Single Sign-On (SSO) feature, enabling you to use one set of login details for all your Netgear accounts. Whether you want to check the signal strength after the Netgear N300 setup or are looking to fix network issues, Netgear genie has got you all covered.
The app is available to download for both desktop and mobile. So you can easily monitor, connect and manage your wireless network from a tablet or smartphone. With the help of this app, you can set up parental controls, stream and share music or videos, troubleshoot network issues, and much more. You just need to download Netgear genie depending upon your gadget.
Different Functions of Netgear Genie
In addition to the extender configuration, the genie app helps you with the below-given tasks:
- Set up live parental controls
- Shows a graphical map, letting you view all the connected devices to your network
- Run a speed test for your wireless home network
- Change the default login credentials for mywifiext local setup
- Establish a guest network for your family and friends
- Modify internet settings
- Configure the admin settings
Configure Netgear Extender Using Netgear Genie
Here is a series of steps to consider for configuring your Netgear WiFi extender via the genie app:
- Plug in your wireless range extender to an electrical outlet.
- Now, make a wired connection between your extender and router.
- Keep in mind to create the connections properly.
- After that, download and install the Netgear genie app from Google Play or App Store depending on your device.
- Once installed, log in to your Netgear extender using the default username and password.
- On the off chance, if the default details don’t work for you, chances are you might have changed them at some point.
- So try logging in to the extender using another password.
- Once logged in, go through the on-screen steps and configure your Netgear extender.
In the event that you come across any type of issue, approach our specialists for quick and reliable solutions.
Change the Admin Username and Password of Your Extender
In order to fortify the security of your home WiFi network, it is best practice to change the default WiFi name and password. You can do so by using the Netgear extender setup wizard.
To change the admin login credentials, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Access a web browser of your choice.
- Go to the default web user interface of your extender.
- Once prompted, type the username and password.
- After that, click on the Change Password option.
- Enter the old password and then the new one.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
And with this step, you have successfully changed the username and password for your WiFi network. On the off chance that you have any sort of questions, be free to ask them from us by the comments below. We will provide you with the best possible solution in a short span of time.