The all-new Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 smart wireless router offers stellar performance on the 5GHz (Gigahertz) band with an excellent set of features. This article will help you in changing the operation mode of your Netgear WiFi router from the Access Point (AP) mode to Router mode. Read on.
Before the Nighthawk AC1900 setup process, let us have a look at the features of Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router. Keep scrolling down.
- AC1900 offers WiFiup to 600+1300 Mbps (Megabits per Second) speeds.
- 1GHz (Gigahertz) dual-core processor.
- Dynamic QoS (Quality of Service) prioritizes network traffic for uninterrupted and continuous online video streaming for applications like Netﬂix, YouTube ,etc.
- ReadyCLOUD – USB access lets you enjoy your personal and secure cloud access to USB storage from anywhere, anytime.
- Nighthawk App – For easy Netgear router setup and to get more out of your WiFi.
- Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 WiFi router easily works with Amazon Alexa & the Google Assistant.
- Circle with Disney – Smart Parental Controls
Netgear Armor – The most beneficial cyber threat protection for your entire home and all your wired and wireless devices.
For Nighthawk AC1900 Setup:
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the LAN (local area network) port of your existing gateway or modem and another end to the WAN (wide area network) port on your Netgear AC1900 R7000 WiFi router.
- For a successful Nighthawk AC1900 setup, make sure that your Netgear WiFi router is properly plugged into a working and damage-free power socket.
- Open a device and launch a web browser in it.
- Visit routerlogin.net.
If routerlogin.net does not work, then try using the following:
- 192.168.1.1 (Netgear router’s default IP address).
Now, you will be prompted to enter the default username and password.
- Select the Advanced.
- Click on Advanced Setup.
- Select > Router/ AP / Bridge / Repeating Mode.
- Click on Router mode.
- At last, click on Apply to save the settings.
Your Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 WiFi router will reboot automatically and enter the Router mode. Now, your devices will get a new IP address from your Netgear WiFi router along with the default gateway of 192.168.1.1.
Note: In case, the default login credentials do not work, then there are chances that you might have changed the login credentials. If you failed to remember your new admin name and password, then you must perform a factory reset to restore your Netgear router back to its factory default settings.
To reset a Netgear Nighthawk router:
- Plug your Netgear router into a power socket.
- Make sure to disconnect all the connected devices and wires that are connected with your Netgear WiFi router.
- Use any thin pointed object like paper clip, pin, pen or pencil to press and hold the ‘Reset’ button on your Netgear Nighthwak router for a few seconds.
- Release the Reset button. The power light on your Netgear router will blink orange.
- Wait for a few minutes for your router to reboot properly and the power light on your device turns solid white.
- That’s it. Your Netgear router reset successfully.
So, dear folks – in this simple way, you can easily set up your Netgear Nighthawk R7000 AC1900 WiFi router. If you have more suggestions on how to configure your Netgear Nightawk R7000 to router mode, then please share them with us. In case, you need any assistance to configure your device to router mode, then drop your issues in the comments section.