More than half of India’s population consists of individuals aged below 25. The government aims to nurture and assist the skills and talents of the youth to make the most out of this demographic advantage. In 2009, the Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship of India (MSDE) launched the National Policy on Skill Development (NPSD) that includes several skill development programmes.
Skill India Programme was launched by the Prime Minister on 15th July 2015. The campaign aims to nurture the different skills of the citizens by the year 2022.
The various initiatives constituting several Skill India courses are-
- National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, 2015
- National Skill Development Mission
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
- Polytechnique schemes
- Skill Loan Scheme including education loan, loan against property for education, and so on.
- Green Skill Development Programme
- Craftsmen Training Scheme
- National Qualifications Register
- National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
Over 10 million youths are to be provided with training to boost their skills by 2020.
Goals Of The Skill India Programme
The government has set up numerous training centres, listed Skill India courses, to achieve its goals regarding skill development in India.
The primary objectives behind this programme are-
- Offering a variety of skill development courses to the Indian youth and creating opportunities for them to explore.
- Backing sectors that are functioning under the skill development module.
- Identifying the news scopes and areas of skill development in India.
The campaign has a comprehensive planning and broad coverage to nurture youth skills in the country.
Courses Which Come Under The Skill India Mission
The list of courses covered under the Skill India campaign is as follows-
- Entrepreneurship cum Skill Development Programmes (ESDP) which include Computer Accounting, Repair of AC, water cooler or refrigerator, bakery products, catering, glass cutting and polishing, lens grinding, gaming with flash, microprocessor application and programming, machining and Microsoft, etc.
- Management Development Programmes such as Business Development Plan for Micro and Small Enterprises, Contemporary Human Resource Management, Competency Building for Improved Performances, Executive Development Programme on Achievement Motivation Training, Cost-Effectiveness in Economic Down Turn, Effective Executive Secretaries and Change Management, Extension Motivation Programme for Executives, etc.
- Entrepreneurship Development Programmes (EDP) such as CRR (Counselling, retraining, and Redeployment) scheme for Central Public Sector Undertakings (CPSU), women EDP, etc.
- Training of trainers involving ESDP in Technology Infusion, Fashion Designing, and so on.
- Other miscellaneous Skill India courses including Orientation Programme for Officials of Industries and Commerce Department, Financing and Management of CFC (Controlled Foreign Corporation), Promotion of micro-enterprises, Risk Management Programmes for Self-Help Groups (SHGs).
Skill India mission has a vast training network including over 450 affiliates, 38 SSCs (Sector Skill Councils) led by significant industries and a range of initiatives. An individual, however, has to meet specific criteria to enrol himself or herself under this scheme.
The terms and conditions could sometimes be hard to meet. Also, an individual’s desired course might not be enlisted under this programme. He/she can choose other alternatives to suffice the skill development requirements. One of the most promising options is availing a loan against property to fund a degree course for your desired career path.
There are certain factors to consider before choosing a loan against property for your academic needs. The most significant advantage among these factors is that loan against property offers a substantial amount, enough to finance nearly any educational course. Up to 70% of the market value of the mortgaged property can be availed as the loan amount. All you need to do to apply for a loan against property is to assess your course expenses and avail the fund accordingly.
Certain financial institutions provide pre-approved offers on loans like home loans, business loans, personal loans, and so on. It renders the process of a loan application, approval and disbursal super easy. You can have a look at your pre-approved offer in the official website by entering necessary details like your name, phone number and generating an OTP in that number.
The United Kingdom has partnered with India in the Skill India Mission. Through this virtual partnership, the students in India can experience the schooling system, tradition, and culture of the abroad countries.
In case you avail a loan against property for education, know how you can avail online education on EMI for the necessary course. Consider a career path which is most in line with your passion and dreams.