Changing an Outlook password after regular intervals of 30, 60, or even 90 days is a good practice considering the rise of data breaches nowadays. However, doing it the wrong way can add up to your woes only and make your data vulnerable to a variety of security risks on the web.
The following guide will help you change Outlook password effectively and keep your data safe forever.
How to change the Outlook password?
Below mentioned are the simple steps that you need to follow to change your Outlook password. These steps are really easy and you can do it all alone. The steps can help you change the Outlook email password but you need to change your email provider password separately. All the required steps are well defined and correct, just follow them and get your Outlook password changed.
- Firstly, open Outlook in your system and then click on the “File” option.
- Now find and click on “Account settings” and then a new message box will appear with multiple options.
- Select the “Account settings” option from the message box.
- Make a selection of the email account for which you need to change the password.
- Select the email account and make a click on “Change”.
- Now, a change account window will appear. Make changes in your email account password and then click on “Next” to confirm the action.
- Click on “close” after Outlook verifies your account.
- Finally, make a click on “Finish” and close the program.
The above-mentioned steps will surely help you in changing your Outlook password effectively. Now let’s move forward and find out how to change the Outlook 2016 password if forgotten.
How to change the Outlook 2016 password (if forgotten)?
Below mentioned are the steps that you need to follow to change the Outlook 2016 password if you have forgotten it. Outlook has various versions and the password change procedure given below is specifically for Outlook 2016 version. Steps are well described and you can follow them without any confusion.
- Firstly, go to the control panel of the system.
- Now find and click on the option of “mail”. The option will read as “Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016)”.
- You will find a mail setup box being displayed.
- You will find the “data files account” option below the “email accounts” option, click on it.
- Find your password-protected .pst file and select it.
- Click on the option that reads as “open file location”.
- You will go to the location of the file in Windows Explorer and this will help you in changing the password. The .pst file of Outlook is usually saved in the Documents folder.
- Now, you need to install a program/software known as “Outlook password recovery” on your system to recover or change your Outlook 2016 password.
- Launch the program after installing it in your system and select the option of unlocking the .pst file located on the right side of the screen.
- Browse and select the .pst file for which you want to change the password and then click on “Open”.
- You will gain 3 passwords created by the program, use any of them to unlock your .pst file of Outlook.
- Now, whenever you open the Outlook, you may need to input any of the 3 passwords generated by the program to gain easy access to your .pst file.
We hope that the above-mentioned steps were helpful for you in the process to change the Outlook password. You can visit our website for more detailed solutions on the same problem or any other Outlook related problems/errors. Moreover, you will also find multiple possible solutions for the Microsoft office related problems/errors. The mentioned solutions are as per the version of the software. The result is guaranteed as all the solutions mentioned on our website are tried and tested.