About the Bhrigu Lake Trek
Bhrigu Lake is situated at a great height which makes it attractive for the trek-lovers and nature-lovers. The lake is in the district of Kullu, which is 40 kilometers away from the famous hill station Manali. It is the crowning jewel of Manali. For a long time, Manali is a hotspot for trekkers and it is one of the most visited hill stations. Bhrigu Lake is one of the hidden jewels of Manali. Views from such a high altitude can be breathtaking. The lake offers a bird’s eye view on the alpine meadows and valleys covered with lush greenery. After crossing a path surrounded by a dense forest of oaks and rhododendrons, one reaches the vast meadows which have Himalayan Mountains as its backdrop. The scenic beauty soothes one’s eyes and fills the soul with happiness.
The Amazing Trek
The trekking route passes through mesmerizing meadows which are known as Bhrigu Lake Meadows. The beautiful alpine meadows are often compared with the beautiful meadows of Switzerland.
To reach the lake from the base camp, one has to trek for almost 6 hours. The name of this lake is derived from the great saint Maharishi Bhrigu who meditated near this lake. The beauty of the Bhrigu Lake is, it never freezes completely even in the winter season. The snow-covered mountains, the fresh air, the lush greenery and the view of Himalayan Mountains make the trek to Bhrigu Lake a memorable experience.
Reaching the place
The base camp of the trek is in Manali. Manali is well connected to all the major cities. The nearest railway station will be Pathankot. One can take a bus from here to reach Manali. Bhuntar Airport is the nearest airport that is 52 kilometers away from Manali. Buses to Manali from different cities are also frequently available.
Tips to keep in mind
- Carry trekking gear and other equipment.
- Trekking in a group is always preferable
- Trekking charges and guides should be pre-decided to avoid confusion.
What Things to carry with you?
- Woolen clothes, caps, jackets, socks, and gloves
- Thermal wears
- Trekking shoes
- Sun protection cream
- Water bottle and lunch box
- Medicines and medical box
- Torch and extra batteries
How to enjoy the trek?
- Day 1: Registration process needs to be done in the base camp of Manali. People usually hire a guide for a good experience. They can visit the Jogni Water Fall Hike which takes 1 to 2 hours. Later, dinner is served at the base camp with a bonfire.
- Day 2: From Manali, trekkers trek to the base campsite. It takes almost 3 to 4 hours. Trekkers cross two streams named Kohli Nallah and Chor Nallah on their way to the campsite. The campsite offers a mesmerizing view of Solang valley. Trekkers camp there for an overnight stay.
- Day 3: On the next day, the trek to the Bhrigu Lake starts. It takes nearly 3 hours to reach the lake. People can enjoy the scenic beauty there and admire its serene tranquil atmosphere. Then they have to return to the base campsite to rest at night.
- Day 4: On the very last day of the trek, the trekkers return to the base village and from there they go back to Manali and thus the 4 days trekking comes to an end.
Booking Policy for Bhrigu lake trek
Trekkers can use online sites for Bhrigu lake trek booking. Within the 24 hours of booking, they will receive a confirmation mail that ensures a successful booking. If the preferred slots are not available, new slots are suggested and booked accordingly. Customers can also cancel their bookings if needed. If they cancel the booking before they get the confirmation then they get a full refund.