CSCS Green Labourer Card was introduced in 2014. Construction Skills Certification Scheme suggested a new law on 1 July 2014, and CSCS Green Card course London replaced the Construction Site Operative Card for those who are working at construction sites. It was declared a compulsory card for the workers who are currently working or want to work on construction sites. It proves that a worker is healthy and fit and knows all the safety regulations to work on the sites. After getting the card you can work as a mason, labourer, carpenter, painter, groundworker, electrician and electrician mate, decorator, and joiner in buildings.
CSCS Green Card Course London Requirements:
There are no specific qualifications and experience requirements to get a green card in the UK, but you have to pass the following two exams:
- RFQ Level 1/SCQF Level 4 Awards in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment.
- SCQF Level 5 REHIS Elementary Health and Safety Certificate.
A candidate must be aged 16 or above at the time of the green card training assessment. You must attend the training for the above-mentioned course. The CSCS Labourer Green Card is valid for 5 years. After that, you shall have to renew it for continuing work on the construction sites.
CSCS Green Card Course London Outlines
All candidates will learn about the following course outlines during the construction card training:
- They will know about the principles of risk assessment and learn to improve the safety and health at the construction sites including insurance, different work activities, dealing with work injuries and accidents, reporting of the work accident, equipment, storage, and keep morale high at work.
- Understanding the importance of safety while working on heights at construction sites. You shall learn about different security items and protective measures, different safety systems, scaffolds, ladders, and roofs.
- Health protection and body protection like eyes, hand, and arm protection, muscular problems, joints problems, control of hand and arm vibration, protection of respiratory tracks.
- Understanding and importance of safety from moving machinery and striking cables.
- You will have also learn about the health damage from the electric shocks, flying debris, dust, changing tools, noise, and burns.
- Workers will know the safe handling of different tools and materials including pallet trucks, the movement of Trolleys, sling, storing construction material, wheelbarrow, manual handling, and lifting.
How to apply for CSCS Green Card Course London?
If you want to apply for a CSCS Green Card Course London, you need to follow the following processed:
Stage 1: CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course
It is a one-day training course and aimed to provide all the necessary information about a worker’s health, safety, and security at the construction sites. It will give you an understanding of different safety procedures, laws and regulations, and how to prevent accidents. That gives confidence to the workers to report any unsafe place or act at their workplace. Class-based discussions and presentations are part of this one-day training course.
Stage 2: Health, Safety, and Environment Online Test
It is the second important part of the process. After completing the Health and Safety Awareness Course, you will need to appear for the health, safety, and environment test. This test is used to examine your understanding of the course contents. If you pass this assessment test, you shall be able to apply for the card.
Stage 3: Put on a Request for CSCS Labourer Green Card
After passing the above-mentioned test, you can apply for the card.
The Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Labourer’s Card is a confirmation that a person has attended the required training for working on the construction sites in the UK. This card makes the workers able to perform various tasks at the entry-level. It is highly recommended for the on-site workers. It assures that you have all the necessary knowledge about safety and health to make go safely on the construction sites. The CSCS Green Card training course complies with all health and safety regulations by the UK law.