Keep getting the error code 0x97 while using your Epson printer? It occurs due to an internal hardware issue such as motherboard failure or a damaged network card. When such error occurs, the printer ceases to stop the printing function barring you to accomplish your personal or professional work.
Apparently, Epson printer error code 0x97occurs in the following printer’s models:
|Epson WorkForce WF-3640||Epson WorkForce WF-3620||Epson WorkForce WF-4630||Epson WorkForce WF-7620||Epson WorkForce WF-7610|
Moreover, this post is all about troubleshooting Epson error code 0x97 where we help you fix your Epson printer with simple and easy steps without any pieces of equipment.
How to fix Epson com error code 0x97?
We have researched the five best ways to fix Epson error code 0x97. Let’s check them all out right here:
Solution # 1 – Use Microsoft Windows Troubleshooter
One of the best solutions to fix Epson error code 0x97 is by using the Microsoft printer troubleshooting tool. Use the following instruction to run the troubleshooter :
- Press the Windows key and type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search field.
- Select Troubleshooting.
- In the Hardware and Sound section, select to click ‘Use a printer’ and then click Next.
- It will launch the troubleshooter in your system. Wait until your computer automatically detects any printer’s issue.
If no issue has been identified by your system, then try the next solution.
Solution # 2 – Unplug and then plug-in
At times, turning the printer on and off, followed by removing all the peripherals inside and outside of the printer, also helps to fix Epson error code 0x97. This method requires unplugging the printer from the power source and plug back in by doing the following :
- Turn off your printer and unplug all the cords and cables associated with it.
- Open the printer’s casing lid and remove jammed papers, if any.
- Now, safely remove the windows cartridge and place it upside-down on a tissue paper.
- Since the printer is disconnected, press the power button on your PC. This will drain all the remaining power in the printer.
- Reset the printer’s cartridge back into its place and attach all the other peripherals associated with it.
- Turn on your printer now to see if it fixes the problem.
Solution # 3 – Check your Ink Cartridges
It could be a clogged or a disoriented cartridge that is giving you Epson printer error code 0x97 on your printer’s screen. In such cases, you should do the following :
- Check the status of your ink cartridges – There could be a blocked cartridge which is barring your Epson printer from functioning. In such cases, check all your ink cartridges, review them properly, and if necessary, clean them.
- Detach and then reinstall the ink cartridge again – Possible cause of Epson error code 0x97 might be due to a faulty placement of ink cartridge inside the printer. Try removing the cartridge to check if it is in dilapidated condition. If it is, try to replace it with a new one.
- Could be a poor connection – If the cartridge is in workable condition, then it may be the improper connection maintained with your printer. In such cases, remove the ink cartridge and then reinstall it again.
Solution # 4 – Clean the printer using wet tissue
Epson printer error code 0x97 could occur due to accumulated dust, which has been settled inside the printer with time, waste ink around the head sprayer, or tiny dust or paper particles within the roller.
In such cases, always clean up the printer using the wet issue by following these instructions:
- Turn off your Epson Printer.
- Open the printer’s casing lid and wipe with the dry tissue first.
- Take a new tissue and mildly soak it with the warm water.
- Now clean up the internal components of the printer, especially the mechanic pad and other sensitive areas.
- Let the printer’s casing remain open for at least 30 minutes until it dries. Now assemble all the internal peripherals now.
- Attach all the cable and cors associated with the power source. Turn on the printer now to see if it is working well.
Solution # 5 – Update your drivers
Another reason for the ‘Epson error code 0x97’ error in your Epson printer when your drivers are not updated. Drivers help to maintain communication between the computer and the operating system. Therefore, it is essential to update your drivers all the time. If a printer’s driver is corrupt, it affects the health of your computer as well as a printer. To update the printer’s driver on Windows 7 or above, follow these steps :
- Go to Control Panel.
- In the ‘Hardware and Sound’ section, click to select Device Manager to show the list of all the aligned hardware on your machine.
- Click to select your Epson printer’s model from the list and right-click to select ‘Update Driver’.
- By clicking on the Update Driver button, your system will automatically search for the updates available in your external storage.
- In case, you don’t see the ‘Update Drivers’ option, visit the Epson support website and download the latest driver in relevance with your Epson printer model.
Solution 6 – Check Warranty
If all the above solutions are still not able to solve this error, and gives you a hard time. Check the warranty of your Epson printer and visit the nearest Epson support.
Do you know Epson warrants directly to origins retail purchaser that the Epson printer is covered by the limited warranty statement, if purchased and operated only in the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, will be free from defects in workmanship and materials for a period of three years from the date of original purchase.
And, you can thank us later!
If you continue to face Epson error code 0x97 on your associated printer, feel free to reach our customer support helpline. To know more great fixes for How-Tos For Epson Issues. Also, you can brief us about your issue in the comment box below, we will definitely reach out to you and suggest the best possible solution for your Epson printer.