Microsoft OneDrive brings some of the best features to its users, such as advanced sync technology, Office 365 licensing, competitive pricing, enterprise-grade security, and other productivity and collaboration tools. This is the reason why it has become the #1 preference of users when it comes to protecting data on the cloud platform. With its growing popularity among its users. OneDrive is ranked with the first position for both business and enterprise customers. Now the real deal starts when users have to save Google Docs to OneDrive account. At that point, they start looking for various methods to be able to easily migrate Google Drive to OneDrive.
Is it Beneficial to Save Google Docs to OneDrive Account?
- Users mainly need to save Google Drive documents to OneDrive in the case of large enterprises. The reason behind it is that OneDrive is considered better for business collaboration than Google Drive. The biggest advantage with the Microsoft OneDrive never compromised with the storage space, while Google Account storage space is shared between Gmail, Google+, and G Drive.
- As we all are well aware of the fact that Google is completely a browser-based application, oh the other hand Microsoft Office is a desktop application. There are multiple subscription pricing plans for OneDrive. So you can pay on a pay-as-you-go basis. Google has a single fixed price plan. The Office platform is better known than Google, and OneDrive is perfect for cloud storage.
How to Save Google Docs to OneDrive Account?
There are three different methods by which users can save documents from Google Drive to OneDrive account:
#1. Save Google Drive Documents to OneDrive One by One
Before saving Google Drive documents to OneDrive, users must download all files from Google Drive and then upload them to their OneDrive account.
Follow the steps below in the same way to perform the task:
- First of all, you need to run Google browser and sign in to Google Drive and OneDrive account at the same time.
- On the Google Drive page, go to My Drive and select the required files, then download them to your system.
- On the OneDrive page, select the file, click New and choose Create a new folder. Now select the files downloaded from G Drive and click the Open button.
#2. Save Documents From G Drive to OneDrive
Here you can follow the set of instructions to save Google Docs to OneDrive account at the same time:
- You must log in with the Google account with the respective credentials.
- Next, click Select All Options and make sure you have enabled the Drive option. Press the Next button.
- Skip the delivery method menu, select the Add to OneDrive option, click Link account, and create an archive file. Next, sign in to OneDrive account and all Google Drive files will be successfully added to OneDrive account.
Shortcomings Offered by Manual Methods
The main disadvantage of manual approach is that it is time consuming and the internet connection plays a crucial role during the entire data conversion. Also, once the process of saving G Drive documents to OneDrive account is interrupted due to a power outage or internet connectivity, it cannot be resumed. This leads to data loss.
#3 Recommended Solution to Completely Save Google Docs to OneDrive
Many users opt for a smart and reliable solution to save Google Drive documents to OneDrive account, the reason being that manual solution takes longer time and requires an internet connection. So among them all, one such application is SysTools Google Drive to OneDrive Migrator Tool, which helps to save all Google Drive items such as documents, photos, PDF, .jpeg, MP3, etc. In OneDrive for business. It also saves time and effort when saving Google Docs in batches. With the help of this software, you can easily save password protected documents without data loss.
This utility has a simple and user-intuitive interface. It is equipped with multiple advanced features that facilitate the work of a non-technical user.
Step 1: Choose the platforms to save files to. In this case, they would be G Suite and Office 365 respectively.
Step 2: Next, on the same screen, go to Workload Selection and select Document from there.
Step 3: Enter the G Suite admin details very carefully. Attach the certificate file and click validate.
Step 4: Now, on the Destination screen, enter your Office 365 details and hit Validate to grant the permissions.
Step 5: Add users to the software and start the process of saving Google Docs to OneDrive account.
In this blog, we have summed up a manual and automated solution to save Google Docs to OneDrive account. To carry out the procedure smoothly, the user can use an automated solution. With Google Drive to OneDrive Migrator, user can save Google Drive documents to OneDrive account with just a few clicks.