One of the irritants of growing up is dealing with pimples, breakouts, and acne. Those troublesome, ugly red spots that appear on your face are triggered by the changing hormones in an adolescent’s body. And the marks left behind never seem to fade away.
But if you thought acne was a teenage problem, then you need to rethink. Acne can happen in any age, and not for the reasons you thought.
Common Myths about Acne
Here, we debunk some common myths associated with acne
1. Acne happens only in adolescence and young age. It’s a myth that only teenagers have to struggle with acne and breakouts. Acne can come at any stage of life. Stress, hormonal changes, or pregnancy often cause the skin to break out in blemishes.
2. Eating fried and oily food leads to acne. Though it is best to eat healthy, there is no direct correlation of fried food intake and acne.
3. You can pop “ready” acne to get rid of them. Pus filled pimples should not be picked or squeezed as this may cause scarring and re-appearance.
4. Exposure to sunlight will lessen acne. Sunlight doesn’t cure or fade acne. In fact, overexposure to the sun’s harsh UV rays can cause skin problems far more serious than acne.
So much for acne myths. What does cause acne then?
According to Medicinenet. com, “Acne occurs when sebaceous (oil) glands attached to hair follicles are stimulated at the time of puberty or due to other hormonal changes….The excess oil clogs the skin and plugs the follicular pore. Inflammation is caused when the follicle enlarges, and the pore walls rupture, causing irritating substances and skin bacteria to spread and access the deeper skin layers.”
How to Deal with Acne
Now let’s see how best to deal with this pesky problem. Proper diet, regular exercise, and maintaining skin hygiene are essential. You need to drink plenty of water, get enough sleep, and generally follow a healthy lifestyle.
Be cautious about what you apply to your skin. To a large extent, acne can be avoided by using natural skincare products that do not irritate or harm the skin. Cleansing and proper skincare can minimize acne scars.
1. Use a natural face cleanser to purify the skin of excess oil and dirt. This cleanser with Salicylic Acid, Ginger root extract, and Frankincense works wonderfully on oily skin. It clears pores and reduces whiteheads, blackheads, and other blemishes while preventing new breakouts. Dermatologist tested, it is the best face wash for acne and pimples that also helps in controlling sebum production.
2. Moisturizing your skin is essential even if you have oily skin. The best moisturizer for acne-prone skin has Salicylic acid with Vitamin B3 and Aloe Vera to soothe, nourish and enrich your skin while keeping blemishes and dullness away.
3. Acne spot treatment solution is a must for topical application. Ingredients like Mineral Sulfur and Vitamin B3 reduce the appearance of acne scars and blemishes. Your skincare routine must include this efficacious spot treatment that is clinically tested and proven effective to balance the skin’s oil content and prevent the recurrence of acne.You can also use a spot treatment lotion with Salicylic acid that acts on affected areas to help reduce breakouts. Salicylic Acid is a beta-hydroxy acid that helps refine skin texture and targets blemishes and scars effectively.
Follow this three-step approach towards your acne control skincare routine. Clean, blemish-free looks shouldn’t be out of reach for you, just because your skin is prone to breakouts. Try out the time-tested, globally popular, natural skincare products of Kiehl’s India and watch your skin texture improve with regular application.
You can now say goodbye to acne scars!