We all know that vitamins are good for health. Studies have shown that the intake of Vitamin C enhances immunity and builds resistance against infections. These days, however, vitamins are not only being ingested, but are also being applied on skin. Vitamin C serum is the new skincare ingredient that promises smooth, even-toned, radiant skin that shines with good health.
Vitamin C benefits for skin range from providing antioxidant protection to anti aging skincare. It has been found to be so effective that skincare products are being made with Vitamin C as the prime ingredient.
The key is to use it in the correct form, and in combination with complementary ingredients for the maximum advantage. We tell you how Vitamin C for skin is beneficial, and which skincare solutions give you this magic ingredient in the most potent form.
Why is Vitamin C important in skincare?
Vitamin C is a nutrient available in citrus fruits and colourful vegetables. It also provides a host of benefits in skincare.
The Vitamin C benefits for skin are:
- It is safe to use on almost all skin types, whether dry or oily or combination skin.
- Vitamin C for skin helps your skin retain moisture, hydrating it effectively.
- The antioxidants in vitamin C defends skin against UV damage.
- It helps in smoothening out and lightening skin affected by hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin C encourages collagen growth, and helps maintain existing collagen levels to give youthful skin.
- If used regularly, it can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
Isn’t that amazing? Now you know why it should be integral to your skincare routine.
What does Vitamin C face serum do?
Using serums and other topical products is the most optimal way to reap the benefits of this wonder skincare ingredient. A face serum has a concentrated amount of Vitamin C along with other skin nourishing components. You need to choose your serum based on the skin issues you are having.
Remember to keep these 8 things about Vitamin C serum for face in mind:
- You need to apply Vitamin C serum after cleansing your face, and before you apply moisturizing lotion.
- The ideal routine for applying face serum is to cleanse, tone, apply serum, then moisturize.
- L-ascorbic Acid is the purest and most potent form of topical Vitamin C.
- Vitamin C face serum benefits almost all skin types. Yet, it is advisable to do a patch test on your hand skin before applying the serum directly on your face.
- Apply Vitamin C serum once a day, either in the morning or at night.
- It can be safely used in combination with other active agents like Hyaluronic Acid, Squalane, Vitamin B3, etc.
- Read the product labels carefully before applying Vitamin C serum for face. The efficacy of the serum depends on how the product has been formulated, and also how it has been packaged.
- If your Vitamin C serum has changed colour, it is due to oxidization after use-by date. It won’t be as effective as earlier.
What is the best time to use Vitamin C serum?
Depending on the skin issues you are having, use the serum either at night before sleeping, or during the day while venturing outside.
A potent serum for uneven skin tone is one that has Vitamin C, from White Birch extracts along with Peony extracts and Activated Charcoal. This facial serum for dark spots rectifies the appearance of dark spots and blemishes, to give you radiant skin. With antioxidant properties, this serum gives your skin protection from UV damage and pollutants. If you are having dull, pigmented skin, make sure you apply it before you go out during the day. Gentle, and suitable for all skin types, this facial serum for dark spots both hydrates and nourishes your skin.
Reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and get smoother skin texture with this Vitamin C serum for face that has L-Ascorbic Acid (pure Vitamin C) with Ascorbyl Glycoside (Vitamin CG) and Fragmented Hyaluronic Acid. This is a water free concentrate that helps refine the texture of your skin, and minimizes fine lines and saggy skin. As an anti aging and antioxidant serum, it is dermatologically proven for safety and gentleness.
Get the most of Vitamin C goodness through these facial serums from the house of Kiehl’s.
Prepare to show your best face to the world now!