In this list you will find the best crossbow for the money which are best suitable for beginners. Don’t let the low price fool you, these crossbows are still extremely high quality and very powerful. We have also listed crossbows for people looking to upgrade but don’t want to spend more than a 1000$ to get a premium crossbow. Lastly on our list is the crossbow suitable to people who want the absolute best and who are willing to spend large sums of money.
1. Barnett Whitetail Hunter 2: Under 500$
The Barnett Whitetail is the perfect crossbow for a hunter on a budget. It can be purchased for $399 which makes it not too expensive and gives you a performance that is worth your money. That is why it is on the top of bowadvisor list for the crossbow.The crossbow comes in a very small form factor which makes it easy to carry and maneuver around with. It has enough power to shoot arrows at up to 350 fps. It has a draw weight of 160 lbs pounds which is easily manageable for beginners.
- Ambidextrous design
- Cocking is easy
- To de cock the bow, you need to fire one shot with a bolt which is frustrating sometimes
2. CenterPoint Specialist XL: Under 500$
Another great crossbow under 500$, the CenterPoint Specialist is a very high quality crossbow built by a highly respected brand. It is 24 inches long and weighs about 8 pounds which puts it slightly on the larger and heavier side. One of the key features that put it on the list of the best crossbow for the money is that it comes with detachable fore grips that you can change according to your preference. The crossbow can shoot arrows at speeds of up to 370 fps
- Detachable fore grips
- Fast and accurate
- Fire and auto safety features
- Does not come with illuminated scope
- Pre installed scope is not good
3. Barnett Predator: Under 1000$
When you are talking about the best crossbow on a budget, the Barnett predator cannot go unnoticed. The Barnett predator is the most powerful and fastest crossbow that Barnett manufactures. It can shoot arrows at about 440 fps and each shot has 156lbs force with it. It comes in at about $1200 and on sale, it goes as low as $800, this makes it slightly pocket friendly when compared to the rest of the crossbows. The Barnett Predator weighs in at just about 9lbs. the crossbow is 37 inches in length and 24 inches wide when it is not cocked. One of the downsides of the Barnett Predator is that when it is cooked it is 19 inches wide; this makes it harder to carry and maneuver with when you are out hunting. The crossbow comes with a Carbonlite riser which helps reduce some of the added weight. It also comes with a frictionless trigger release system which makes the whole shooting experience very smooth. Here is a list of all the things included in the package:
- 4 x 32 mm scope
- 3 Barnett 20 inch arrows
- Side mount quiver
- 4 side rails
- The 4 side rails allow you to customize your bow to suit all your needs.
- Excellent scope out of the box
- Side mount rails for customization
- Smooth trigger system
- Excellent safety features
- Quiet shooting experience
- Heavy. Which might be inconvenient when using for extended periods
- Not many accessories out of the box
- Very wide even when cocked
- Out of the box strings may be low quality (however it is easy to get replacements directly from Barnett)
in conclusion, all of the crossbows listed above have been chosen from the countless options available, these are the best crossbows you can buy at each of the different price points. These crossbows have been carefully selected and ae of the highest quality and give the best performance.